Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome 2010

Nazaire:
The new year is here; where did 2009 go.  Today does not feel like a friday, it feels more like a sunday, but we're back at it day 3 of our journey. The bridgestone classic was on, the outdoor NHL hockey game between Boston and Philadelphia and as much as i wanted to watch it, I'm committed to this experience with Alyssa and I'll take her any day over a sporting event. Todays run was the same as day 2, we were back in the creek again (mapped it out for curiosity sake and it was a nice little 3.4km course), my cheeks were rosy and Alyssa was running at a good clip. Her new sugoi subzero tights looked good and she was pretty happy with her new purchase. With the ring in of 2010, i feel its a great opportunity to set some goals and accomplish new experiences and gain a new hobby.

Alyssa:
Jeez, this year flew by so fast; I swear just the other week it was January 2009. New years was great... spent it with Naz just relaxing and then brought in the new year with our 3rd run this week. It was a lil more chilly today; the wind came back to say hi, thank goodness it wasn't snowing though. Big bummer was that I forgot my new heart rate monitor. I was pretty pissed; I love using it, I get all excited as we get in the door to check out the stats and compare them to the previous workouts. But on the bright side, the new tights are great, very comfortable and warm for anyone looking for a good pair for winter. But, ya we completed week 1 of our 9 week program; great success. It feels really great to have week 1 in the bag. The new year is off to a great start and I have a good feeling about this year. I definitely feel ready to kick some butt and accomplish some goals! Cheers and happy new year to all :)

P.s. for anyone curious about what we've been up to the runs for week one all consisted of:
  • 5 min brisk warm-up walk
  • Alternating running for 60 seconds with walking for 90 secs for a total of 20 minutes
  • 5 min cool-down walk & some brief stretching
We've also been having a bit of a push up challenge.... started out doing 1 push up day one, 2 push ups day 2 and so forth... I'm at 14, Nazaire is at 15 (he started a day before me). 


No comments:

Post a Comment