Monday, March 1, 2010

Alone at last...

Today marked a first for us, our first run without each other. Between school, Elena and I wanting to go shopping, etc. getting to Nazaire's house and doing everything that needed to be done just wasn't possible. So, we had to do the unthinkable and run alone, gasp lol. Wait, actually I should rephrase that... Nazaire had to run alone, I got to run with Elena. However, we did both plan it out so we were running during the same time, so I guess technically we ran together... just in different locations. As for the weather though, wow, it was gorgeous! So warm that I just wore a long sleeve tech shirt, my tights, and a very thin wind breaker... and even that was too much. It was really cool; the sun was out and I just thought to myself while running, "it feels like spring," and then smiled. Unfortunately, one downside to this lovely weather was the massive puddles. One was completely unavoidable and was a little deeper then it looked leaving me with a soaking wet foot. Then that soaking wet foot turned into a blister, ouch, first one for me during our 9 weeks of training. Regardless of the blister, I ran 5.14km in 32:35 minutes; finally running 5km was a great feeling. However, now that I know running 5km's is a reality I'll be on to pushing myself and stressing out about going faster. Oh the joys of being a perfectionist!

No comments:

Post a Comment