Thursday, March 11, 2010

Some days just HURT...

This run I must admit, though I would rather not, was a real struggle for me (Alyssa). Before we even ran my stomach felt a little off and I felt a little nauseous, not to mention I didn't get much sleep the night before. We started running, I felt so heavy and very quickly I got a bad side stitch, I tried to push through it but it persisted and I had to tell Nazaire that we needed to stop for a minute. So we stopped in someones driveway and waited for a minute as I tried to just breath and get rid of the pain. Jeez, I can't even tell you how mad I was at myself for even having to stop at all... the only other time I had ever even stopped in our training so far was during the killer hill we ran once and even that I limited to 30 seconds. Anyways, after our brief stop I felt better the pain was gone so we started to run again. After not in 30 seconds of running again the stitch came back, ugh. I pushed and kept running for as long as I could and then we had to stop for our second 1 minute break. We started running again and we were nearing Nazaire's street which we were supposed to run past... I can't even tell you how bad I just wanted to give up and head down his street home. I seriously considered it for a few minutes, but I knew I couldn't or I would feel like crap about myself and beat myself up for it. So, as we were running past I just pretended it wasn't there and kept running. We stopped one last time during the run then I held on til we got back to his house and even sprinted a little at the end to try and make up for how bad I felt about having to stop lol. Unlike me Nazaire seemed to feel pretty strong on today's run... although later at Winners he kept whining about how sore he was lol. Hopefully Saturday's run will go a little more smoothly.

1 comment: