Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My little fish

Today was our first day of cross training so we decided to mix it up and head over to the Waterdown YMCA to do some laps in the pool. I think it's a good idea to work all the muscles and to try something other than a run, however with that said, I hadn't been in lap pool in years. I struggled a bit, but I enjoyed the breast stroke and backstroke; those are my favorites. Alyssa, on the other hand, was like a fish in her own backyard pond; she got stronger and stronger as the minutes went on. We were in there for 59 minutes, had a pretty good workout, and she still didn't want to stop and leave but they were closing the pool. We then capped off the workout with a few minutes in the sauna. I will sleep great tonight and tomorrow we're back at it with a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment