Tuesday, February 9, 2010

DECA!

Just got back from DECA Provincials. It's a business competition for high school students to help them gain experience in business, entrepreneurship, and marketing. After getting second place in my category of Apparel and Accessories Marketing at Regionals, I qualified for Provincials. It was crazy; 5200 of the best kids competing from all over Ontario held in Downtown Toronto over the course of three days (February seventh to ninth). About twenty-four kids from my school qualified and we all stayed in the Sheraton Hotel; ninety percent of the hotel was occupied by DECA making for a lot of fun and meeting new people. Though I tried hard, I did not place this time around (bummer, Internationals in Louisville, Kentucky would have been a blast). However, it was still a great experience and a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment