Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mercedes 10k Done

It's Tuesday a couple days after the race and im feeling quite sore, my lower back, torso and legs are in pain.
 I accomplished my goal and Im quite happy with the outcome. The morning got off to a good start, i was up at 6:30, i had a warm shower, changed and had my ritual coffee and banana with toast. Alyssa was with me along with her father Brian, he too participated in the 10k run. Race time was 8:30 am and the weather was dreary, with wind and rain, you gotta love it lol. I must say I wasn't as nervous this time around compared to the Frosty 5 k run. All the training, 9 weeks in total and commitment prepared me well enough to do this race. I had great support from Alyssa and family/friends. I started off near the front with Brian and ran past Alyssa so she could take pics, my pace was pretty good for the first few k, i didn't go out to fast but I went out strong and steady.
I kept up with Brian for a bit but i just wanted to run my own race. The wind was tough along the lake shore but i kept up and at times i was alone from the pack and other runners caught up and made a little pack with me.
 With the race more than half done, i picked up the pace a little and finished strong, no cramping or shortness of breath. I did the best I could and i enjoyed myself. I cross the finish line with a time of 46.19 seconds, so i set my goal of under 55minutes from day one. I will take a few days rest and plan for my next race.

No comments:

Post a Comment