Monday, December 28, 2009

A Not So Warm Welcome to the World of Running...

For the last few weeks, Nazaire and I have been talking about running together and setting a goal; our goal the Frosty 5K March 7th, 2010. I've previously ran a few 5K's on a whim when my Dad would say, "Hey I'm doing a 10K today and they have a 5K you could do, wanna come?" And, needless to say, with no training, they were a wreck; I didn't want to have to walk, but I walked. And, the old out-of-shape looking women whizzing by me was brutal. Therefore, we thought a 5K was a good first goal; I really just wish to complete it comfortably and without walking at all. Working towards the goal and completing it with Nazaire is also a very nice bonus. Anyways, like any good Payne would do, I picked the most torturous time of year to initiate this running plan: WINTER. And, boy did winter welcome us on your first day of training today using the couch to 5K training program. It was cold, super windy, and snowing. We started on the sidewalk, but quickly had to move to the road as the fresh snow and ice was much too slippery (especially for someone like me with a fear of being on ice ek). It was a brutal first run, we didn't even say one word to each other while running, and only exchanged a few occasional sentences when walking. I think we both just wanted it to end; I know I did. Upon finishing though we were both happy... happy to be inside and done our first run. A little tuckered out too, we both fell asleep for a bit while watching Mantracker. Oh and before we headed out, running upstairs to grab some socks so we could get going, I cut my shoulder on the stairs. Some how it cut my skin, but not my shirt :S go figure.


No comments:

Post a Comment